Most people would expect a company like Verizon to offer the Lifeline discount in every state, but they don't offer this. Their Lifeline offering is actually quite limited.
You will only find the Verizon Lifeline discount available in four different states Witcher Iowa, New York, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. They even indicate that the program is not available in every area of those states. If you qualify for their discount, you will get $9.25 per month off the bill but the plan cost $33.99 so the bargain really isn't that great. The program includes the following:
· You get basic voicemail, call waiting, caller ID, call forwarding, 3-way calling, and busy transfer / no answer at no additional cost to you. You won't get services such as text messaging, data service, roadside assistance, and handset insurance as this is not a part of the Lifeline program.
· You get 1000 mobile-to-mobile calling minutes as well as 400 anytime minutes what's in your local coverage area. You'll be charged an additional $0.45 per minute for any outgoing or incoming calls that are mean after you exhaust this limit. You're pretty limited from roaming outside of your calling area and on this plan, there are no weekend ornate minutes available.
Here are a few points to consider with the Lifeline discount provided by Verizon:
· The discount is going to vary depending upon the state in which you live
· If you live on tribal lands which a recognized federally then you may qualify for more discounts of up to $25 per month
· You don't require a deposit to begin your Lifeline service. If you run up a large bill or use an excessive number of minutes, then you might be required to pay what you owe. If you don't keep your account current, you may have the account terminated or suspended
Website: www.verizonwireless.comLog in to get the information RETURN